On behalf of the Oklahoma Girls Powerlifting Coaches Association, we would like to invite you and your team to the 1st Annual Girls Regional Qualifying Meets. The regional qualifiers will be held on Tuesday, March 1st with lifting to begin at 9:00 a.m. The North region will be held in Miami and the South regional will be held in Durant.
NORTH REGION: Miami Civic Center, 129 5th Ave NW, Miami, OK 74354
SOUTH REGION: Choctaw Event Center, 3702 Choctaw Rd, Durant, OK 74701
Tuesday, March 1, 2021 with lifting to begin at 9:00 a.m.
Early weigh-in will be on Monday, February 28 from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. We will also have a weigh-in the morning of March 1st from 7:00 am to 8:15 am.
$125 per team with 5 or more lifers; $100 per team with 4 and less lifters
A coaches meeting will be held at 8:30 am. There will also be a hospitality room for coaches.
We will have a high school division ONLY. The junior high girls do not have a qualifying meet but will have a state meet in 2022. Eligible participants for the junior high state meet will be 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th grade. 9th graders can lift with your junior high or high school but not both divisions. For the high school division, we will award the top 5 in each weight class. We will award Small School and Large School Team Champions but all lifters will compete against each other.
The classes follow the OGPCA bylaws and are as follows:
108 - 121 - 136 - 150 - 165 - 181 - 198 - 220 - HWT
Please make all checks payable to Oklahoma Girls Powerlifting Coaches Association.
Call and confirm your attendance by contacting one of the following:
North Meet Director: Zach Gardner 918-542-0128
South Meet Director: Warren Butler 580-465-3787
The following guidelines will be in effect for the 2022 OGPCA Regional Qualifying Meets:
● Regions will be determined by their physical school address.
○ North of Interstate 40 will be in the North region.
○ South of Interstate 40 will be in the South region.
● The top 5 placers in each weight division from both the North and South regions will automatically qualify for the state meet.
● The next 5 placers in each division from both regional meets combined will receive an at-large bid to compete in the state meet.
● A school representative must register their lifters by Friday, February 25th by 11:59 pm on the
Lifters who are not on the entry form will not be allowed to participate.
● A pre-weigh in will be allowed on Monday, February 28th AT HOST SITES ONLY from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. We will also have a weigh-in the morning of March 1st from 7:00 am to 8:15 am.
● Schools are limited to 3 coaches. Coaches will be issued wristbands at the coaches meeting before lifting begins. Only coaches will be allowed on the floor.
● At least one coach must be a member of the Oklahoma Girls Powerlifting Coaches Association. To become a member, please go to www.OGPCA.com and fill out the membership form.
● ALL coaches must have either attended a rules meeting or completed the online rules meeting to be allowed on the floor at both the regional and state meets. If you need to complete the online rules meeting, please click HERE.
● A monitor will be facing the participants to view from their seats.
● The judge(s) will have a monitor of their own to view.
● Equipment will be cleaned and sanitized periodically.
● Each school will be required to judge an event. Teach your kids how to wrap.
*** ATTENTION ALL COACHES ***
Please read and follow the instructions below for registration of your athletes!
● Please complete the entry form for your school online by following the link below or using the link on OGPCA.com.
PLEASE DO NOT TYPE OVER ANY DATA ON THE GOOGLE SHEET ENTRY FORM. FIND THE NEXT OPEN ROW AND ENTER YOUR TEAM INFORMATION THERE!
● Lifters who are not on the entry form will not be allowed to participate.
● Pre weigh-in AT HOST SITES ONLY will be available on Monday, February 28th from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
● We will also have a morning weigh-on from 7:00 am to 8:15 am. Please show up before 7:45 am to allow enough time for all lifters to be entered.
● Deadline to submit entries is Friday, February 25th by 11:59 pm. No late entries will be allowed.
● Schools are allowed 4 girls per weight class. If you want your lifters in a different weight class than their bodyweight, please select the class in the drop-down box. If no weight class is selected, lifters will be assigned per their bodyweight. If there are more than 4 in a class, we will move them up one class. If you have a girl that will attempt to make weight at the morning weigh-in, please leave their 'Class' blank.
● Your team order does not matter as the entry form will be sorted by region and weight class.
● Lifter numbers will be assigned Tuesday morning before lifting is set to begin.