On behalf of the Oklahoma Girls Powerlifting Coaches Association,
we would like to invite you and your team to the
2nd Annual OGPCA Qualifying Meets.
NORTH REGION: Miami Civic Center, 129 5th Ave NW, Miami, OK 74354
SOUTH REGION: TISHOMINGO HIGH SCHOOL, 1300 E Main St, Tishomingo, OK 73460
NORTH REGION: Junior High: Monday, February 27th / High School: Tuesday, February 28th
SOUTH REGION: Junior High & High School Monday, February 27th
- Early weigh-in for JUNIOR HIGH will be on Sunday, February 26th from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Early weigh-in for HIGH SCHOOL will be on Monday, February 27th from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Early weigh-in for both junior high and high school will be on Sunday, February 26th from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- We will have a weigh-in the morning of the meet from 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
$125 per team with 5 or more lifers; $100 per team with 4 and less lifters
A coaches meeting will be held at 8:30 am.
Eligible participants for the junior high are 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th grade.
9th graders can lift with your junior high or high school but not both divisions.
We will award the top 5 in each weight class for Junior High and High School.
We will award Small School and Large School Team Champions but all lifters will compete against each other.
The high school classes follow the OGPCA bylaws and are as follows:
108 - 121 - 136 - 150 - 165 - 181 - 198 - 220 - HWT
The junior high classes follow the OGPCA bylaws and are as follows:
108 – 121 – 136 – 150 – 165 – 181 – HWT
CLICK HERE FOR THE MEET LETTER AND LIABILITY FORM
Please make all checks payable to Oklahoma Girls Powerlifting Coaches Association.
Call and confirm your attendance by contacting one of the following:
North Meet Director: Zach Gardner 918-542-0128
South Meet Director: Scott O'Hara 405-589-1955
The following guidelines will be in effect for the 2023 OGPCA Regional Qualifying Meets:
● Regions will be determined by their physical school address.
○ North of Interstate 40 will be in the North region.
○ South of Interstate 40 will be in the South region.
● The top 5 placers in each weight division from both the North and South regions will automatically qualify for the state meet.
● The next 5 placers in each division from both regional meets combined will receive an at-large bid to compete in the state meet.
● A school representative must register their lifters by Friday, February 24th by 11:59 pm on the
2023 OGPCA Regional Meet Entry Form
Lifters who are not on the entry form will not be allowed to participate.
● A pre-weigh in will be allowed AT HOST SITES ONLY. We will also have a weigh-in the morning of at both sites from 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
● At least one coach must be a member of the Oklahoma Girls Powerlifting Coaches Association. To become a member, please go to www.OGPCA.com and fill out the membership form.
● Coaches must have either attended a rules meeting or completed the online rules meeting to be allowed on the floor at both the regional and state meets. If you need to complete the online rules meeting, please click HERE.
● Each school will be required to judge an event. Teach your kids how to wrap.
*** ATTENTION ALL COACHES ***
Please read and follow the instructions below for registration of your athletes!
● Please complete the entry form for your school online by following the link below or using the link on OGPCA.com.
2023 OGPCA Regional Meet Entry Form
PLEASE DO NOT TYPE OVER ANY DATA ON THE GOOGLE SHEET ENTRY FORM. FIND THE NEXT OPEN ROW AND ENTER YOUR TEAM INFORMATION THERE!
● Lifters who are not on the entry form will not be allowed to participate.
● Deadline to submit entries is Friday, February 24th by 11:59 pm. No late entries will be allowed.
● Schools are allowed 4 girls per weight class. If you want your lifters in a different weight class than their bodyweight, please select the class in the drop-down box. If no weight class is selected, lifters will be assigned per their bodyweight. If there are more than 4 in a class, we will move them up one class. If you have a girl that will attempt to make weight at the morning weigh-in, please leave their 'Class' blank.
● Your team order does not matter as the entry form will be sorted by region and weight class.
● Lifter numbers will be assigned the day before lifting is set to begin.
CLICK HERE FOR THE OKLAHOMA GIRLS POWERLIFTING COACHES ASSOCIATION W-9